Skip to main content
Question

sonos Beam

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Beam turns Samsung tv on at the same time every night (21:30). It’s connected via HDMI ARC. Thee are no timers set on the tv. Please help

3 replies

That really seems odd, to my knowledge Sonos has no ability internally to turn on a TV, although it does pass commands received via ARC, so a remote might be doing it, or the TV’s internal system/alarms might be. Is there some possibility that some other system is turning on your TV, and the Beam is just reacting with sound because it is connected to the TV via the cable?

I’d definitely submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Thanks for the reply Bruce, I’ll try your advice. I tried disconnecting the hdmi to Beam and the tv did not turn on that night. Tonight the beam is connected but Anynet+ CEC turned off - again the tv did not turn on. Therefore I can only assume it is something between beam and tv causing the issue and no other device.

Again, there is nothing in the Sonos software to send a signal to turn on the TV, so it really is an external app that is either sending a remote command to the Beam which then passes it to the TV set, or something along those lines. But a diagnostic taken within 10 minutes of the event should show where the command is coming from. Fortunately, you don’t have to call Sonos within that 10 minutes, but they won’t look at the diagnostic until you call in.