Answered

sonos Beam

• 27 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Can anyone tell me. We have two Play1 speakers, we are looking to buy a Sonos Beam for our garden room to use for the T.V in there.....can I connect that to our Play1 speakers on the app to play music through as well?? As well as using it as a soundbar for the T.V separately when needed?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 27 March 2021, 21:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes, if I understand your question correctly. Any speakers assigned to rooms can then be grouped to play together. Streamed music will be totally in sync but there would be a very small delay in tv sound to the Play:1’s but that would only be noticeable if you were in a position where sound levels were equal - standing in the doorway between the two rooms. 

Hi. Yes you have understood it. We have a Play1 in the lounge, one in the kitchen diner and want the Beam in the garden room. We will not want the TV playing through all three. I will want to use the Beam separately with the TV and then when entertaining, use all three for the music.

Then that is fine. The Beam can do everything that the Play:1s can do with music sources, either singly or in sync.

In fact it can do more, as it is Airplay 2 compatible.