Answered

sonos beam 2 and CD player

• 21 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Buenos días,mi pregunta era acerca de la barra sonos beam 2,y quería saber si se le puede conectar un lector de CDs para escuchar los CDs de música,gracias 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 January 2024, 23:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Translation:

Good morning, my question was about the sonos beam 2 bar, and I wanted to know if you can connect a CD player to it to listen to the music CDs, thank you

Answer:

Not directly, no. The Sonos Beam works from an ARC connection, which is generated by a TV, not your CD player. You could get an adapter that translates your RCA stereo signal to an ARC (or using the Sonos optical to ARC adapter) to connect your CD player. 

Translation:

No directamente, no. El Sonos Beam funciona desde una conexión ARC, que es generada por un televisor, no por su reproductor de CD. Podría obtener un adaptador que traduzca su señal estéreo RCA a un ARC (o usando el adaptador óptico Sonos a ARC) para conectar su reproductor de CD.

Entonces que tengo que sacar dos HDMI de la barra de sonido para que uno de ellos vaya con el adaptador óptico al reproductor de CD,sería eso lo correcto?gracias 

Translation:

So I have to take two HDMI out of the soundbar so that one of them goes with the optical adapter to the CD player, would that be the right thing to do? Thank you

Response:

There is only one input, and no outputs on any Sonos soundbar. If you’re trying to connect two devices to your Beam, you’d need an ARC supporting A/B switch. On one side (A and B) would be your TV and your CD player (connected to the Sonos optical to ARC adapter), on the other would be your Beam. 

This set up is rife with potential for disaster. Instead, I would buy a Sonos device with a line in, and get the signal into the Sonos ecosystem through the line in on that device, and then if you want, you could group the Beam’s room to playback the music from the CD. 

Translation:

Solo hay una entrada y no hay salidas en ninguna barra de sonido Sonos. Si estás intentando conectar dos dispositivos a tu Beam, necesitarías un interruptor A/B compatible con ARC. Por un lado (A y B) estaría su televisor y su reproductor de CD (conectado al adaptador óptico Sonos a ARC), por el otro sería su Beam.

Esta configuración está llena de potencial para desastres. En su lugar, compraría un dispositivo Sonos con una línea dentro, y obtendría la señal en el ecosistema Sonos a través de la línea en ese dispositivo, y luego, si lo desea, podría agrupar la habitación del Beam para reproducir la música del CD.