Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Arc won't play Sonos Radio

• 10 November 2020
  • 5 replies

I have had a Sonos Play 1 for some time and have had no problems playing Sonos Radio.  I have just bought a Sonos Arc which is connected to my home system. I can still play Sonos radio on my Play 1 but when I try to play Sonos Radio on my Arc I get the following messages: “Unable to play the radio station” or “Unable to play “Name of Station” - the associated account was not found in your Sonos system”.  I can play radio on the Arc via other streaming services like Tunein but Sonos Radio will not work.  Please advise how to resolve. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Same here…..Just tried to play today and won’t work. Worked yesteday….only Sonos Radio stations.

I would recommend that both of you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Me too. I have submitted a system diagnostic and I am awaiting a reply :disappointed:

I noticed the same problem starting yesterday, but also I received an update notification on my Sonos S2 app (on macOS). I let my system upgrade, and after a few minutes, Sonos Radio is working again on all my speakers. Not sure that will solve it for everyone, but I am very happy! I did not have time to open a request yesterday due to $dayjob, my apologies, but with the update, it seems it is solved.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

No update notification for me, but in the past hour it has started working again. I am still in discussion with the support team to establish the root cause.