Question

Sonos arc won't connect to wifi or Ethernet

• 15 July 2020
  • 1 reply

Just got my Sonos Arc and sub gen3. The sub connected to my WiFi without a problem. The arc won't connect. I tried Ethernet, reset my router, bought a new Ethernet cord, and even moved everything right next to my router. Still won't connect. Any suggestions on what to do next? Very disappointing after spending so much on these products. Hopefully I can get it to work. 

I'm using Android phone for Sonos app. I have a spectrum router. Literally every other thing I have connects to the WiFi without a problem. Only issue is the Sonos Arc. I do have an older 1080p TV.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi @ambrosgm 

Are you trying to setup the Arc and sub as DD 5.1.2? If so you need to configure the Arc first and then bond the sub to it. Suggest you do the following:

1. Reboot sub
  2. Reboot Arc
  3. Delete the Sonos app
  4. Reboot your router
  5. Power cycle your device
  6. Add the Sonos app
  7. Setup the Arc
  8. When prompted add the sub

Click here for instructions on rebooting. If reboot does not work then perform a Factory Reset (click here) in steps 1 and 2; all other steps remain the same. Let us knows the results.

Cheers!