Skip to main content
Answered

sonos arc with Lytmi Fantasy 3 TV Backlight Kit HDMI 2.1 with Sync Box

• 8 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, 

I have a Earc capable tv with the Lytmi Fantasy 3 TV Backlight Kit HDMI 2.1 with Sync Box. There is a fire cube and gaming console plug into the hdmi Sync box however the Sonos arc will not produce sound when plugged in to the tv or the sync box but will produce sound when connected through the optical cable. I know this cause a lose of sound quality. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can still get Dolby Atmos?

Any help is greatly appreciate

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

What model TV?

If your still willing to help the model of the tv is a Sony Bravia VU3. 

Again my apologies for the double post. 

There is no loss of sound quality between optical and HDMI-ARC when playing a codec that both can support (up to Dolby Digital). Any potential loss is a Dolby Atmos type of signal which can’t be carried by optical, such as Dolby Digital Plus or Dolby MAT, both of which are higher bandwidth than can be carried across optical. 

Hello, 

I have a Earc capable tv with the Lytmi Fantasy 3 TV Backlight Kit HDMI 2.1 with Sync Box. There is a fire cube and gaming console plug into the hdmi Sync box however the Sonos arc will not produce sound when plugged in to the tv or the sync box but will produce sound when connected through the optical cable. I know this cause a lose of sound quality. Does anyone have suggestions on how I can still get Dolby Atmos?

When you cabled the Arc to the TV did you cable it to the ARC/eARC port on the TV? Did you enable Bravia Sync and also the following…

• eARC: Auto
  • Digital Audio Out: Auto 1
  • Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus
  • Pass Through Mode: Auto

If so and it still doesn’t work, then perhaps try the following too (if present on your TV Model)…

Turning on IP Simple Control
Open Settings
Go to Network and Internet
Go to Home network
Go to IP control
Go to Simple IP control
Toggle On 

https://youtu.be/VXDYspxEClg