Answered

Sonos arc volume adjusts itself

• 1 January 2024
  • 6 replies

Hi,

I have a Sonos Arc connected to an LG G3 via HDMI ARC port.

The volume seems to randomly go way down (very low, not muted) and then reset itself to the actual value set. These drops last for around 2/3 seconds and occur quite frequently.

I've checked all options and see nothing the would suggest auto volume being on. 

I've already submitted diagnostics via this ID 1166703145

Best regards,

Romeu

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 2 January 2024, 15:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @romeurosa, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve had a look into the diagnostics and I can see the volume changes, but I’m not sure myself what’s causing them. I’d recommend reaching out to our support team for further troubleshooting as they have the necessary tools to look into your system.

I hope this helps!

Can we get an update on what the support team said or what is recommended because I have the same type TV and sound bar with the same issue 

What did Sonos support say when you called them? It is more than likely that there are entirely different reasons. 

I was told that the diagnostic test was saying the commands to turn the volume up or down and/or mute was coming from the buttons on top on the ARC. So I have turned those buttons off through the app and I am now waiting to see what happens. Could just be faulty sensors and disabling them in the app should fix it🤞🏻

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Always suspect the cat, Sonos are warm and cats like that.

While I’m one who have suffered the cat scenario, there have been people (or maybe a person?) who said that cleaning off the surface of the speaker where the capacitive buttons are fixed the issue. I wouldn’t use harsh chemicals, but wiping down a speaker with a slightly damp cloth wouldn’t hurt.