Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Arc Update

• 8 November 2023
  • 6 replies

I know mine is set update automatically but I used to check for updates and get one occasionally. It hasn’t happened for 2+ years. Are there no more updates? How do I know I have most recent 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

It’s kind of hard to update a single device, and not all other devices including the controller. What version of the controller are you running, and what version is on your Arc? What happens when you ‘check for updates in the Sonos app? What device and OS is your controller running on?

For reference, in case it helps, here are the S2 update notes, which include the latest version of the app (and the firmware on the Arc comes at the same time) and its date of release. 

Normally speaking, you should be updating from either the Google web store, or the iOS App Store. 

Version 15.9

i click check “ No update required. Your system is up to date. Was just curious 

Any time you run that check, you’ll always get the latest and greatest, whether it’s on your controller, or the firmware on the speakers. That’s exactly how it is designed to work. 

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

With “Auto Update” set you’d only see an update using the manual check if it had been released since the last auto check/update cycle.

I very rarely see one here and then because I saw it mentioned in the forums and got to it before my next scheduled automatic cycle.