Sonos arc/sub switching randomly to tv sound for short periods

• 29 July 2023
  • 3 replies

I have my Sonos Arc and sub hooked up to a TCL television. I have the sub connected to the router with an ethernet cable because I was having issues with that previously but that hasn't been a problem anymore.  This morning it has started randomly switching to the TV sound and then it'll switch back to the Sonos.  I turned off TV autoplay like I saw somewhere but I don't know what to do since it is still having that problem.  I turned it off and on I made sure everything is plugged in. What else can I do? This is really annoying me. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I found the audio setting on the TV and switched it to the Sonos instead of auto.  Now it randomly just stops playing and then starts again.  In case it matters, there was a pretty big storm last night and many people lost power.  I do have everything plugged in to a power strip. 

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the Arc and TV from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure CEC is enabled in the TV settings. Run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the app instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV’s HDMI ARC port using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect any other devices to the TV.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

With possible power glitches, that a power strip won’t help, you might want to power everything down for a minute then power it back up.

If you have really bad power a good quality UPS will deal with more issues than a power strip but they aren’t as cheap.