Sonos arc sub gen 3 micro stutters

• 26 September 2021
  • 10 replies

• Contributor I
  • 7 replies

Hello!

I have had the Sonos ARC and sub for a couple of days now and I have some issues with it. When playing music from Youtube Music the sound stutters for a microsecond, like it’s skipping a beat. 

I have tried reseting the arc but that didn’t help. I have also updated to the most recent update and that has not helped.

I’m running the arc and sub with ethernet cable so it’s not a wifi issue. 

Diagnostics : 1727632160

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7

Which is wired to the router? The Arc or Sub? It needs to be the Arc.

You can try changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app under Settings > System > Network.

Also try the troubleshooting tips in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/305?language=en_US

Which is wired to the router? The Arc or Sub? It needs to be the Arc.

You can try changing the SonosNet channel in the Sonos app under Settings > System > Network.

Also try the troubleshooting tips in this article:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/305?language=en_US

Both are connected with Ethernet. 

I have followed those steps but doesn’t seem to help.

It just skips a beat and doesn’t skip songs. You notice it every time tho. 

Userlevel 7

Disconnect the Sub and keep the Arc wired.

Will try that straight away! 

So far it seems to have fixed it, how come? Is it not better to have everything wired up?

Userlevel 7

You only need one Sonos device wired to the router to create SonosNet, a dedicated wireless network specifically for your Sonos system. All of your other Sonos devices will connect to this network the Arc has created. I believe wiring more than one device can cause some conflicts, especially if one of the wired devices is a “bonded” device like a Sub or surround speaker.

FYI… the Sub is “bonded” to the Arc which means the Arc communicates with the Sub using its own 5GHz radio. The same happens if you bond the Arc to a pair of surround speakers like a pair of One SLs.

Fair enough! Thanks for the help! :) 

I will be getting the Sonos SL for surround later so I don’t need to wire them at all then which is nice. 

You only need one Sonos device wired to the router to create SonosNet, a dedicated wireless network specifically for your Sonos system. All of your other Sonos devices will connect to this network the Arc has created. I believe wiring more than one device can cause some conflicts, especially if one of the wired devices is a “bonded” device like a Sub or surround speaker.

FYI… the Sub is “bonded” to the Arc which means the Arc communicates with the Sub using its own 5GHz radio. The same happens if you bond the Arc to a pair of surround speakers like a pair of One SLs.

Hey!

It seems like I still have the issue, it’s not remotely as often however. 

Badge

Good info provide on this topic mate!  Appreciate your contributions 🙏

Still happening, any ideas?