Answered

Sonos Arc & Sub alone enough for dolby atmos?

• 5 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi all, 

I recently upgraded to both a new TV, along with my recently purchased sonos arc and sub gen 3 I have had for a few months.

My TV is a Philips 65PUS7556/12 65 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV. It said it has atmos sound along with E-arc hence my decision to buy it. 

I currently have a SkyQ box connected with premium Netflix plan. I use this for Netflix.

The main question I have is, does my current setup enable me to have dolby atmos. Is it absolutely essential to have rear speakers added to my current setup for atmos to be enabled, and will this in turn show up on my sonos app? Can the arc and sub gen 3 give a true atmos experience just by itself? 

Kind regards. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 December 2021, 01:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

From Sky:

Dolby Atmos is currently available on live Ultra HD broadcasts of English Premier League matches, selected Ultra HD Sky Cinema downloads and at times, selected Box Sets from Sky One and Sky Atlantic (if you have the Sky Signature or Sky Ultimate TV packages).

Dolby Atmos is not available via TV apps on Sky Q, such as Disney+, Netflix etc. If you want to experience Dolby Atmos while using these, you'll need to switch to the app on your Smart TV.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/setting-up-dolby-atmos

It is not necessary to have surround speakers to get Dolby Atmos audio. The Arc and Sub are sufficient. But surround speakers would give you a more immersive Dolby Atmos experience.

Thanks for your help, that solves that mystery.

*edit* I re read what you wrote underneath the sky link.

Thanks very much for the help.