Sonos Arc sound metallic.

• 30 January 2021
  • 14 replies

Badge +2

Dear All,

i got a problem with my Sonos arc.

the voice sound metallic with pscht pscht effect, very uncomfortable for the ears especially when streaming on Netflix.

i did re tune but nothing change anyone got this issues?

thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Souzy78180.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Allow me to share with you a topic that discusses more about the metallic sound with the Sonos Arc. One of our engineers have already posted there some information on what to do.

Hello everyone. I’m a product manager at Sonos. Thank you for sharing your experiences with Arc. The development team is monitoring this community and listening to your feedback. 

As we do with all Sonos products, we’ll continue to improve the experience for Arc through numerous software updates into the future. Last week we issued our first update (12.0.1) to fix a bug some customers were experiencing with low-frequency distortion at higher volumes. 

If you have specific music tracks or timestamps for TV shows and movies that you want to bring to our attention, please use this form. It is helpful if you can submit a diagnostic when you’re listening to the content. Instructions for doing so can be found here.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.
Thanks,

Badge +2

Not sure how that can help actually but thank you

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Souzy78180.

Thank you for your immediate response. You may use the form to report your issue or you can contact our technical support team for a more in-depth troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help.
Thanks,

Badge +2

Actually there is not any personnal contact information asked soin wonder how they can get back to me.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

H @Souzy78180.

Thanks for the immediate response.

I would suggest contacting our technical support team so they can provide a more accurate troubleshooting steps and feedback on your situation. i would also like to suggest submitting a diagnostic after 3-5 minutes of experiencing the issue with your Sonos Arc so we can record and take a look.

Thanks,

Badge +2

Hi Paul, 

thanknyou for your answer.

maybi know if there is an email?

i am based in Turkey.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Souzy78180.

Thanks for your immediate response. The link into contacting our technical support team already have the list of all available country we currently support, feel free to use the United States as it is via chat so the troubleshooting steps and solution can be provided real-time. Feel free to contact via chat during your free time. We do not have any phone or chat support specific for Turkey.

Thanks,

Badge +2

Hi Paul thabkbyou for your reply

actually not find contacting your technical support team.

can you give me step to reach out your team?

thank you

Badge +2

Anyone know a manipulation to solve the problem?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Souzy78180.

Thanks for your immediate response. I would like to ask if we can click on this link.

Once you have clicked on the link, please follow this guide.

• Scroll down (middle center portion of the page).
  • Labeled “your country”, please choose United States.
  • Once we have chosen the country, lower left portion of the screen a link will appear that is labeled “Chat with us”.
  • Click on the link “chat with us” and please provide the necessary information being asked. It will take you to our technical support team via chat support.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Badge +2

Thank you Paul, I will try.

dibyoubany manipulation that I could for reset the Sonos arc and eventually fix this issues? 
thatvonlybhappens with the voice, like it’s pscht pscht … hard to explain sorry but it’s quite terrible .

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Souzy78180.

Thanks for the immediate reponse.

We do not recommend performing a factory reset on our Sonos products, unless instructed by our technical support team as it removes all information stored on the device like Wifi name, Sonos Account, music services, etc. and there is no guarantee that the issue will be resolved by a factory reset. Any work around or solution will be provided by our technical support team. The solution we aim to provide should be a permanent solution regardless of the issue/situation. If the Sonos device is deemed faulty, a replacement may be necessary for some situation.

I hope this helps.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,

Badge +2

My diagnostic number: 43159510

can you check if anything wrong?

i could jot find the support link you described.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Souzy78180.

Thanks for the feedback and immediate response and for submitting a diagnostic.

Hi @Souzy78180.

Thanks for your immediate response. I would like to ask if we can click on this link.

Once you have clicked on the link, please follow this guide.

• Scroll down (middle center portion of the page).
  • Labeled “your country”, please choose United States.
  • Once we have chosen the country, lower left portion of the screen a link will appear that is labeled “Chat with us”.
  • Click on the link “chat with us” and please provide the necessary information being asked. It will take you to our technical support team via chat support.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Thanks,