Sonos Arc Side Speakers Option for Front or Surround

• 12 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 5 replies

So we know the side speakers of the Arc fire either front channels or surround channels depending on which rear speaker it is paired with.

It would be nice if we can have the option to set how the side firing Arc speaker function regardless of the paired rear speaker. For example, 300 users may want to hear more front channel instead of surround with their Arc or viceversa for 100/One/Five users.

I understand this unique behavior of the Arc and 300 is to create a “bubble” but having that option so users can toggle what works best for their ears and home would be a nice to have. What are your thoughts?

This, along with option for front hiring on 300 and official support for reverse mounting is on my Christmas wishlist. For now I can only wish.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @vjk,

More customization for Home Theater is something I think many users would appreciate. I’ve gone ahead and marked this thread as a feature request and will pass this along to the relevant teams for their considerations.

If you have any more ideas or feature requests, please be sure to post them on the community!

Badge +2

Hi Jamie, thanks for the reply.

The 300 is a fantastic product but it has been puzzling new users esp with the placements and created debates among existing users regarding what is optimal.

Perhaps in consultation with the team you could provide more a diagram and/or sound angle information of the 300 speaker sound waves. This would help visualize the placement of this speaker for best performance in our homes. This information could also go on the official product guide on the sonos website.