Sonos Arc - Samsung TV - FIX

• 29 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Finally figured how to fix problem with Sonos Arc and Samsung TV compatibility issue.

1. Use only Samsung remote - do not use other remotes otherwise you will have to start all over.
  2. Go to Samsung “GENERAL” and make sure Anynet+(HDMI-CEC) is activated (solid green dot)
  3. Factory reset Sonos Arc.
  4. Unplug all power and HDMI cables.
  5. Plug Sonos Arc into HDMI Arc/eArc.  Plug in all remaining HDMI cables.
  6. Plug in Samsung TV power cable and turn on. Wait …. audio should automatically say "Receiver HDMI"
  7. Then one by one plug power and turn on HDMI connected boxes.  Wait for Samsung TV to recognize each box so it's remote can control them.
  8. Hide all the other remotes so you don't have to do this all over again.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What “compatibility issue” where you experiencing?

Sound Problem:  Samsung TV losing both Sonos connection and Anynet +(HDMI-CEC) thus only getting TV speaker sound.  Called both Samsung & Sonos - both claiming it's the others problem.  Then searched online and found many many many people with same problem.  I realized the cause after husband watched YouTube using the Roku remote then when I watched next day Sonos disappeared.  Finally decided to treat it like a network fix by unplugging everything and one by one replugging things in and realized the problem has to do with companies not completely their software compatibility with multiple remotes.  This worked for me until companies fix their software/hardware issues.  We are enjoying our Sonos Arc & Subwooofer with all the apps, Roku, Comcast, etc