Answered

Sonos ARC’s not using SonosNet

• 20 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi I have a system with a Sonos Boost and a variety of Ones, Threes and Moves plus two Arcs with surrounds and one of the Arcs has a Sub

All the devices are connected as expected WM:0 for all the standalone ones and threes and WM:1 for the Moves.

The Arc surrounds (one SL’s) and the Sub show up as bonded WM:2 but the Arcs themselves show up as WM:1 when I am expecting WM:0 

I have removed and re-added one of the Arcs and it’s surrounds but it still shows connected to my WiFi network not SonosNet - Any ideas out there - thanks 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 23 June 2021, 10:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Bad cable or network port? I know of a similar issue where some construction damaged a network wire.

Thanks but there is only one cable connection to the router - directly from the Boost to the Router 50cm cable 

Power-cycling the Arc didn’t get it to shift onto SonosNet? You could always try temporarily wiring it, in addition to the Boost.

Perhaps an extreme move, but factory reset and re-adding it should convince the Arc to switch over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @plaurie 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Your Arcs could also just be out of WiFi range from the rest of the system (not including satellites). If this doesn’t seem likely, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system.

Edit: If you don’t experience any actual issues with the Arcs, then it doesn’t really matter how they connect.