Answered

Sonos arc placement in a cavity

• 15 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi all

I was having a beam gen 1 plus two Ikea symfonisk plus sub gen 3 set up. However due to my living area restrictions. I can't seem to find a good place to put the surrounds. So I decided to just change the beam gen 1 and the symfonisks to Arc. However my tv is placed in this cavity area. I did some measurements there's about two feet from the edge of arc to the wall on both sides . And from the counter top to the ceiling of the cavity is roughly 68 inches. I haven't had a chance to try it or test out certain configurations. But I am wondering would this placement have any negative impacts on the Atmos effect ? I heard placing it as far as possible to the edge of the counter top but that really looks kinda ugly...

icon

Best answer by buzz 15 August 2023, 12:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Physics does not care about “ugly”. I don’t know additional room details, but I would recommend even uglier and mount ARC outside the cabinet recess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

My setup is different than yours but I found raising the Arc a couple inches let me place it a bit further back from the edge of my cabinet.

Currently unavailable but I like mine.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JCD91D1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1