Answered

Sonos Arc - partial sound only, not all speakers work

• 3 November 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have received my new sonos arc yesterday and after multiple tests, reboots and customer support advice it seems that the soundbar is broken - even simple stereo plays from right speakers only and left channel is very distorted and coming out from mid right side. 

It seems to me that only 1 or 2 speakers out of 11 works. My question is - is there any way to test individual speakers?

I know I will get a replacement, it’s not a problem but I’m bit concerned that the new soundbar may have similar issues. At the moment it’s easy to notice the problem but I’m worried that if it’s just one or two speakers dead, especially the upfiring or one of the center ones it will be quite difficult to pinpoint it.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 3 November 2021, 18:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Play the 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos test tones video in this link:

https://www.heimkino-atmos.de/sonstiges/trailer-downloads-und-testtoene/

If you have an iOS device and an AirPlay device like an Apple TV 4K or Roku Ultra connected to your TV, you should be able to AirPlay the video in Dolby Atmos from your iOS device.