Answered

Sonos Arc + one speaker ERA 100

• 29 March 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

I am unable to add my newly acquired ERA 100 single speaker as a surround speaker to my existing Sonos ARC in the application. Why is this? The only option is to add the ERA 100 to another new room for example "living room 2". At the same time then the microphone from the ERA 100 is not able to use trueplay to tune both itself and the sonos arc. When watching TV the volume control does not work with the remote for both devices at the same time, but only for the arc. Is there any solution ? Or is the whole problem caused by the fact that it is one and not two ERA 100 speakers ?

icon

Best answer by Belly M 29 March 2023, 09:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Badge +20

Correct, you need two speakers to add them as surrounds.

Badge

OKAY. In the case of the two speakers that I subsequently add as surround speakers, will the system be able to tune using the microphones in the Era 100 and Trueplay as a whole, including the arc soundbar ? Or will only the Era speakers be tuned. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

When used as surrounds the usual Trueplay method, using an iPhone, is the only possibility.

Badge

OK fine, i have one more question. When the speakers are added as surround in the app, I assume then the volume control will work with the TV remote on the whole and thus for both arc and surround era 100. Is it right ? 

Yes, Arc plus two surrounds can be controlled by TV remote for volume.

Badge

OK, I am hesitating to buy a second Era speaker,so I can connect everything in one unit with the arc (soundbar and two surround speakers). I have a problem with the sound quality of the dialogue from the Era 100, which sounds unnatural and a bit tinny resonating. Maybe a similar problem that has come up often in discussions here about the sonos arc product. I don't get this feeling when listening from the soundbar, but as soon as I connect the rear speaker of the Era 100 as well, listening to the dialogue is very distracting. Is this a software issue of poor setup/placement? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

OK, I am hesitating to buy a second Era speaker,so I can connect everything in one unit with the arc (soundbar and two surround speakers). I have a problem with the sound quality of the dialogue from the Era 100, which sounds unnatural and a bit tinny resonating. Maybe a similar problem that has come up often in discussions here about the sonos arc product. I don't get this feeling when listening from the soundbar, but as soon as I connect the rear speaker of the Era 100 as well, listening to the dialogue is very distracting. Is this a software issue of poor setup/placement? 

You can’t add the single Era speaker, as detailed in earlier replies above. If instead you have grouped the Era to your Arc, you’re probably experiencing an audio delay to the Era, which will result in a kind of echoing sound. 

Ditto what Nik said - must sound awful!