Answered

Sonos Arc not connecting to system

• 3 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello everyone, I’ve recently bought an Arc and I couldn’t wait to add it to my system to replace my Beam Gen 2 which is currently paired to my Sub Gen 3 and a pair of Ones as surrounds which will be soon replaced by a pair of Era 300. My Beam and Sub are connected to the router (a 5 port hub actually) by ethernet while my Ones on Wi-Fi and everything works fine, I even have a pair of SYMFONISK in my bedroom connected on Wi-Fi. 

I’ve spent an entire evening trying to connect the Arc to my system but I couldn’t get it to work, I’ve tried everyting in my knowledge but nothing happened: tried several times to factory reset the Arc, tried to reboot the router, tried to connect on Wi-Fi and then by ethernet but nothing changes: I always get this type of errors (I translate from italian so I don’t know if the translation is accurate with the actual message with the app set to english): 

• Connection to Sonos Arc was interrupted. Get your mobile device closer and make sure Sonos Arc is switched on → Arc was of course plugged in and the phone (iPhone) was next to it. 
  • Let’s check if your Sonos App is updated. After a while I get a message with error code 1001 saying that it wasn’t possible to check the sonos app. 
  • Phone remains stuck on message “Adding Sonos Arc to the system” and nothing happens

Do you have any suggestion for me? I’ve really tried everything I could and this situation is really frustrating and keeping me from getting the Era 300 until I’m not sorting this out. 

Here you can see the screenshots which are in Italian. I’ve issued a diagnotisc code 1622804278, I will call the technical support on monday. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 June 2023, 12:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AndreaEG6 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! I’m sorry to hear of the issue you are having adding your new Arc to your system.

Please try one or more of the following:

• Use a different phone/tablet to add the Arc to your system
  • Reboot your phone/tablet
  • Reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds
  • Ensure your Arc has a green, flashing light when you try to set it up - if it does not, it will not add. Factory reset it to get a flashing, green light.
  • As your Beam is connected to ethernet, it is acting as a hub for your Sonos system. Please try rebooting it by removing power for a moment.

Attempt adding your new Arc to your system after each step.

I hope this helps - if none of it does, our technical support team should be able to assist - I recommend a phone call in the first instance, rather than a chat.

Badge

Hi @AndreaEG6 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! I’m sorry to hear of the issue you are having adding your new Arc to your system.

Please try one or more of the following:

• Use a different phone/tablet to add the Arc to your system
  • Reboot your phone/tablet
  • Reboot your router by switching it off for at least 30 seconds
  • Ensure your Arc has a green, flashing light when you try to set it up - if it does not, it will not add. Factory reset it to get a flashing, green light.
  • As your Beam is connected to ethernet, it is acting as a hub for your Sonos system. Please try rebooting it by removing power for a moment.

Attempt adding your new Arc to your system after each step.

I hope this helps - if none of it does, our technical support team should be able to assist - I recommend a phone call in the first instance, rather than a chat.

Hello Corry, 

I post in order to help others who may be struggling with this issue as I was. My big mistake was unplugging the Beam Gen 2 before setting up the Arc and I’ve realized it when you said that it was acting as a hub for my system. 

Configuration went smooth by leaving the Beam connected to ethernet, now I’m successfully using my Arc paired to the sub and the surrounds. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AndreaEG6 

Great - thanks for updating the thread!

Edit: If you don’t want to wire the Beam to ethernet anymore, you could wire the Arc instead.

Badge

Hi @AndreaEG6 

Great - thanks for updating the thread!

Edit: If you don’t want to wire the Beam to ethernet anymore, you could wire the Arc instead.

Thanks Corry, I’ve actually already plugged the Arc and will soon give the Beam to my girlfriend for her new home :-).