Skip to main content

I bought a Sonos arc and just want to add it to my Sonos app, when I follow all the steps until I can select my location (after connecting to the network) then I get the 1.101 error. And the device is not showing in the app. 

when I then download the Sonos s1 app it recognizes the arc soundbar but an error shows ‘not compatible’. I don’t understand why it shows on the s1 app, but I can’t do anything with it, and  on my normal Sonos app it doesn’t show… 

already tried factory resetting, restarting router, deleting app,…. 
anyone the same issue and has a solution??

Anyone know how to get past error codes 1, 101?

Moderator edit: Moved post from another thread

Same issue. Haven’t tried S1 app as it’s explicitly listed as not compatible… last week I set up my dad’s Arc and had no issues, impressed with it so I got my own. Mine looks like a dud.

Was just wondering, do you/you father also use IOS or Android?

We both use iOS 

Ahh ok was something I was wondering, perhaps the issue was iOS but if it works at your fathers side…. The show where I bought it agreed to give a new one hopefully it will be solved.

Hi @Avp1994 et al

Welcome to the Sonos Community! Apologies for the delay.

We’d like to look into this error 1101 issue for you all. Could you please recreate the issue and submit a support diagnostic immediately after? Please post here to let me know you have done so, but please don’t share the number you are given at the end of the process. Thanks.

If you have the option, you may find that you are able to complete the updates from a different controller - please try updating from within the Desktop Controller for either macOS or Windows, if you can. You can download it here. Please be sure to submit diagnostics from your phone first, however.

I hope this helps.

Same issue here and recreated it to send a system diagnosis couple minutes ago. 
Also tried to update via the MacOS controller. The controller didn’t even let me use it and only referred to the mobile app to set up my system. So no chance to update the arc via that. 

Same here, the device gets added, then the 1.101 error appears and it’s no where to be found… 

Tried 2 different iOS devices, factory resets and 2 different networks.  Same issue always… 

Hi @Avp1994 et al

We have identified an issue affecting some users where they receive a 1101 error when updating products. We are investigating, but do not have an ETA for a fix at this time.

In the meantime, you may be able to workaround this issue by performing the software updates via the Desktop app for Windows or Mac. If you already have the Desktop app installed, please reset the Desktop app after receiving the 1101 error in the mobile app before attempting the update from the Desktop controller (Help Reset Controller). If you don’t already have the Desktop app installed, there's no need to reset it once it is installed. You can find the Desktop controller on our downloads page.

I hope this helps.

yeah it is fixed for the moment

Same issue here. Bought the arc today, excited to set it up. I keep getting the error code when doing the update, then the device cannot be found. I’ve reset it many times. Very disappointed.

Has anyone come right with the connection on the Sonos arc? I keep getting the 1101 error please help. 

Just bought Arc, same issue trying to connect, tried work around, all the suggested fixes, resets, unplugging, all no go. So, if I understand correctly, can’t currently set up the Arc, on the Sonos App which makes the Arc a $1000 ish boat anchor. The obvious solution seems to be to return the Arc and buy a different brand of Soundbar? A Sonos product can’t be set up on its own app, brilliant.