I recently purchased my first Sonos product, the Arc. My network is Meraki MX64 based with a PoE MS120-8lp switch and a MR36 AP. The set up instructions seemed simple enough but I could not get my iPad and Arc to connect to complete the install. With help from Sonos support and Meraki support, they connected right away.
Here is the combined list of the instructions from Sonos and Meraki that brought it all together:
- Log in to the Meraki router.
- Open the Wireless tab.
- Select Firewall & traffic shaping.
- Under Layer 2 LAN Isolation, change the setting to Disabled
- Under Layer 3 Firewall Rules, change the setting for Local LAN to Allow.
- Under the SSID Configuration, change the setting Addressing and Traffic Client IP Assignment to Bridge mode
I hope this helps anyone with a Meraki network who wants to get the Sonos working smoothly.
Welcome to the Sonos Community!
Thank you for sharing your findings - I’m sure someone will find it helpful!