Answered

Sonos ARC lost connection to Play 5 gen 2 and sub and wont reconnect using sonos boost

• 8 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

So I’ve had my Sonos home theater setup for over 10 months using an ARC, 2 Play 5 Gen 2, Sub Gen 2, and Sub Gen 3.  I am using a Sonos Boost for my Sonia Network and had been perfect for 10 months but last week got disconnected for no reason, and when tying to reconnect the Play 5 gen 2 pair the setup wizard connecting them to the ARC and subs will time out saying it didn’t connect.  When I go to look at my system it will no longer show the Play 5s and it will indicate I have surround speakers hooked to the ARC yet they don’t play any sound and the room with the ARC will show (ARC+Subx2+??) so I remove the surround speakers from the ARC and try to connect again.  I have reset all speakers and started from scratch but still cannot get my Play 5s to connect to my ARC as the surrounds.  I have had Sonia for over 8 years with no problems and even upgraded my speakers.  I have 4 Play 1, 2 Play 5 Gen 2, 1 playbar, 1 ARC, and 2 Subs Gen2.  

if anyone knows how to get this fixed and hooked up I would really appreciate your help.  I have tried full reset and everything.  My wifi is using a TP Link Router but nothing has changed since the initial setup of my ARC system 10 months ago so no clue why all of a sudden it will not connect my Play 5 Gen 2 speakers as my surround speakers.  

thank you on advance for the help.  

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 8 December 2022, 04:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

If possible, remove the Subs and Play:5s as surrounds from the Arc. Then unplug the Arc, Subs, and Play:5s from power. Reboot your router, Boost, and phone. After the router and Boost are back online, plug the speakers back in. After they are connected to the network, make sure all five devices have WiFi enabled in the Sonos app. Swap the position of the Play:5s (left speaker is now the right speaker and vice versa). Add the Play:5s as surrounds. Add the Sub Gen 2. Add the Sub Gen 3.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I will give it a try later today and let you know if it works.  I have done that but not in the order you suggested and i hadn’t swapped my Pay 5 surrounds positions.  Thanks for the help and i will let you know if it works.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well I was updated to the Sonos 2 Beta app and now everything works great. 

This is not the place to be discussing beta. I believe you would have signed an NDA to that effect. 

You may want to post in the beta forums instead.