Sonos ARC intermittent sound leakage

• 30 January 2022
  • 4 replies

System ->   TV: Sony 65XH9505;   HDMI cable: WireWorld Radius (connected to eARC from TV).

Since the beginning I experience short sound losses when playing the most modern sound formats (Ex.: Dolby Digital Plus). I have factory reset the soundbar and TV. I have tried connecting and disconnecting power cables, HDMI and more tests with no result.

I have noticed that the greater the amount of sound load, the more frequent the sound cuts, which seems to indicate that the data flow is too high and saturates the soundbar. With voices occurs at longer intervals than with music.

Other information:

If I check in Sonos App what type of audio is being decoded on Now Playing screen I display “Dolby Digital Plus 7.1” but if I go to Settings > About my System, I can see “Audio in: silence”:

Any help in solving this problem would be most welcome.

Thank you very much

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you tried switching eARC to off? Is Passthrough Mode set to Auto? Have you tried using the HDMI cable the Arc came with instead?

Have you tried switching eARC to off? Is Passthrough Mode set to Auto? Have you tried using the HDMI cable the Arc came with instead?

Hello GuitarSuperstar, thanks for your reply. I have tried your recommendations and…

If I switch eARC to off sound cuts disappear but I lose hd audio formats, only obtain Dolby Digital +

The Passthrough mode is actually set to Auto.

I haven't had time to test the HDMI cable it came with but I previously had the Denon Sound Bar 550 connected and experienced no problems.

Regards

Userlevel 7

Are you using any external media devices like a Blu-ray player or Apple TV 4K? If not, eARC may not be necessary.

You should try to use the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable.

Also try using these TV settings:

HDMI Signal Format (HDMI 3): Enhanced Format or Enhanced Format (Dolby Vision)

Speakers: Audio System

Audio System Prioritization: On

A/V Sync: On

eARC: Auto

Digital Audio Out: Auto 1

Dolby Digital Plus Output: Dolby Digital Plus

Pass Through Mode: Auto

Hi GuitarSuperstar,

I have tried all the configurations you have indicated but the problem was not solved, there were still sound cuts in tracks with high definition audio.
After these months I got help to unhook the TV from the wall and replace the HDMI cable with the one that came with the ARC and...
THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!!!!  I no longer have audio dropouts.
I didn't trust at all that changing the cable would solve the problem but it has been.
Thanks again for your help.