Answered

Sonos Arc hdmi LG

• 17 April 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos Arc with sub connected to an LG hdmi arc. When playing Netflix and Ps5 I get Dolby but when playing my IPtV I get pcm stereo. The movies I’m streaming have full high quality audio yet not get the best audio quality. Please help

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 17 April 2023, 02:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi 

It has nothing to do with High Quality of the audio being sent. Sonos does not change the codec of the audio signal. 

The material may have been mastered in DD 5.1 or higher. The source may not be capable of transmitting (streaming) DD 5.1 or higher. Therefore you get the downgraded signal to your Sonos; which may just be High Quality stereo.

Thank you for your reply. I have an Iptv Smarters player installer in the chromecast. Sad I ain’t getting high quality from that app.

Userlevel 7

Thank you for your reply. I have an Iptv Smarters player installer in the chromecast. Sad I ain’t getting high quality from that app.

If it’s a pay-for-service app is there be a premium level that would allow streaming of the audio in DD5.1? Just a thought 🤔

I found another Iptv app that I had to pay and did stream Dolby audio. That is key.