Answered

Sonos Arc flashes orange and makes popping sound

• 29 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I have a Sonos Arc, since almost 2 moths now. Since a week (maybe since update to 15.4?), our Sonos Arc’s status LED is flashing orange and it is making a popping/clicking sound (in accord with the LED flashing) from the right speaker, every time before it commences to play audio (e.g. from TV, stream via Spotify (Sonos or Spotify app) or Airplay.

I performed a factory reset, but this didn’t help.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 May 2023, 00:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Hi there,

I followed your advice and it appeared to be a hardware defect. The solution provided by Sonos was to send a replacement. I was content with this solution. 

I received it yesterday and had the time this morning to unpack it. All seemed fine (it works), but when I checked the box I saw to my surprise that I got a refurbished Arc.

This means that I went in 1,5 month after purchase  from a brand new Arc to a refurbished version which sells for €200 less in the Sonos store. 🤔😕

I find this very disappointing and incorrect. I will contact Sonos support first thing Monday morning to discuss this.