Sonos arc fixed wall mount OR Sanus extendable wall mount

• 20 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Last weekend I purchased/ordered a Sony Bravia A95L, 65” TV. Currently our TV sits on top of our entertainment center. We also purchased a new Sonos Arc w/wall mount. I forgot to mention that we purchased a Sanus Elite/Advanced tilt wall mount for the TV. My major struggle right now is do I want to mount my Arc onto the Sonos Arc mount or purchase the extendable Sanus mount? We have 10+ Sonos components in our home. Love their products and look forward to the Arc upgrade. Our ceilings are elevated/pitched, 18’ at the highest point. Estimated 12-15” directly above where the TV will be positioned. Just based on my readings, I'm leaning towards returning the Sonos arc mount and investing in the Sanus mount. The ability to extend out beyond the TV sounds like it may work best. But, I’m going to allow the Sonos community to share their findings. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jonzy63,

When mounting the Arc, we recommend that you keep a minimum 4" (102mm) space between the top of the Arc and the bottom of your TV. If you don’t have a lot of space under the TV, then this is where the extendable Sanus wall mount is a good option. If you have that 4” minimum space, then either mount is fine.

With your pitched ceiling however, this will change the height channel effect of the Arc. I do believe that you’ll get great sound but the pitched ceiling will damped the overall Atmos effect. Most community members say only you know what sounds good to you and I agree, so test out the Arc in this configuration and if it sounds good then great, if not, you could always swap the Arc for the Beam Gen 2, which doesn’t rely on up-firing speakers to deliver Atmos content.

I hope this information helps!

Thank you Jamie A, I get the 4” below the TV recommendation. That’s not a problem because I will be working up from my entertainment center. So, I had planned on mounting the sound bar first, then work on the placement of the TV above the sound bar. My biggest challenge that I was trying to wrap my head around was IF the TV could interfere with the up-firing speakers from the Arc? That’s why I have purchased both mounts in preparation of the install next Friday. So, if you are telling me that the Arc was designed with the TV potentially being mounted above it on the wall and still perform to it’s peak, them i am going to go with the Arc fixed mount. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @jonzy63,

That’s right, the up-firing speakers were designed and are angled in a way that even if the TV is above the Arc on the same wall (keeping the 4” space in mind), it wont cause any issues if you were attach it with a fixed wall mount rather than an extendable one.

Great...you helped me make up my mind. The magnet built into the mount amazes me. I like the flexibility of the Sanus, however I will stick with the fixed Sonos mount.. Can’t thank you enough for responding.