Skip to main content
Question

Sonos ARC false triggering

• 30 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a issue where my ARC keeps being false triggering when “Alexa” is not said.

I have searched the community and found similar posts but one of them said the fix was to turn off Alexa but I don’t think this really fixes the issue. Another post I saw said there was a hardware issue and replacement units were sent out but I can’t find this post.

Does anyone have this issue and know of an actual fix, not just turning the feature off? I have kept it up to date but still have the issue. I had it happen 7 times in about 20 mins today so this led me to post. 

I have pics of the Alexa app showing the triggers and also logged a diagnostic if Sonos want to check on this. It’s on version 16.2.

Thanks for in advance.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

It might be frustrating to read, but have you tried turning the Arc off at the wall, leave for 30 secs, then back on again? 

Thanks for the reply.

I will have done a number of times in the last few months. I got a new TV about 2 months ago so it would have been off while moving cleaning etc for new TV. 

I have switched it off again and will power back on a bit later to try again but not sure this will fix.