Sonos arc +era 300 or sonos amp + Kef r3

• 11 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello everyone, I have had a dilemma for a few days. I currently have a sonos play bar + sonos sub gen 1 + two play one gen 1. I wanted to keep my sub and my play ones and buy a sonos amp and kef r3s and possibly add a second gen 3 sub later and maybe a turntabel. But since I saw the era 300 I wonder if I should not take the sonos arc with the era 300. I know that in my initial idea I was going to have a 4.1 and with the arc we are talking about dolby atmos. Has anyone ever tried or owned these products? my use will be 90% for videos and 10% music. THANKS

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Hazgod3 

Imho your kind of usage is the answer… 90% tv/movies is a big point for choosing the Sonos Arc with Era setup. 
But notice that a 2 sub setup isn’t possible with a sub gen1. 

@Hazgod3

Imho your kind of usage is the answer… 90% tv/movies is a big point for choosing the Sonos Arc with Era setup. 
But notice that a 2 sub setup isn’t possible with a sub gen1. 

The kef is not good  enough for videos ? Use ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Hazgod3 

It‘s not the speaker itself… it’s the kind of setup it would be working in. If you like to have a good compromise setup for playing video multichannel audio and also hifi stereo music, the Sonos Amp setup would be a great choice. But for 90% home cinema audio imho a setup with a real center speaker, trueplay option and dolby atmos option is a big advantage. Sonos Amp won’t have these features.

@Hazgod3

It‘s not the speaker itself… it’s the kind of setup it would be working in. If you like to have a good compromise setup for playing video multichannel audio and also hifi stereo music, the Sonos Amp setup would be a great choice. But for 90% home cinema audio imho a setup with a real center speaker, trueplay option and dolby atmos option is a big advantage. Sonos Amp won’t have these features.

Thanks for your feed back