Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Arc eArc

• 27 February 2023
  • 9 replies

After two years of no problems my Arc will no longer communicate with my LGCX via eArc.

The Arc works via the app (I can stream music) but the sound bar won’t play sound from the TV.  What was working this morning isn’t working this evening.  Nothing has changed.  

I reran the setup via the Sonos app but now the eArc setup won’t complete successfully.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Disconnect everything from the TV and unplug the TV and Arc from power for a couple of minutes. Plug everything back in but keep everything disconnected. Make sure Simplink is enabled in the TV settings. Then run TV Setup in the Sonos app and follow the instructions. When the app instructs you, connect the Arc to the TV using the Sonos-supplied HDMI cable. After the Arc has been successfully connected, connect any other device to the TV.

I can confirm the LGCX is now using the Sonos Arc/Sub vis HDMI eArc!  I will now reconnect my other HDMI devices.

So far so good!!!  Thanks so much for your help!

This is a simple question. Apart from skins any suggestions on how to change my Sonos white arc to black. Is it possible to paint.

Anything can be painted. The issue would be covering the speakers inside so that they’re not hit by any paint. Which implies pulling apart the chassis, something that Sonos takes such a dim view of currently that they invalidate any support or warranty if you do so.

If I were you, I’d be going on some other websites, and looking to trade….with a strong guaranty so that someone doesn’t trade you a broken device for your good one. Or just sell your old one, and buy a new black one. I haven’t checked, but I suspect the cost difference between the sale and the purchase may be minimal. 

Thank you for your information. 

I think that it would be very difficult for an amateur to successfully paint an ARC. You’ll have issues painting the sides of holes without clogging the holes.

Worked for me. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Why the resistance to Skins? 

I’m not fond of the price of the store-bought ones so I made a couple for my Subs toi kid/bug/critter proof them and I’m quite happy with the result. Cost next to nothing, just two yards of inexpensive speaker cloth.