Answered

sonos arc connected to Samsung TV and PC (windows 11)

• 25 February 2023
  • 7 replies

I just bought the arc to replace my Denon surround and home theatre PC setup. 

I have everything connected.  Pc to hdmi in on the tv with the hdmi (arc) On the tv going to the Sonos Arc. All appears well except I can’t seem to choose Atmos in windows spatial sound.  It just doesn’t exist in the drop-down but the licence says it’s active. What have I missed here. 

icon

Best answer by controlav 2 March 2023, 14:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

What model Samsung TV do you have?

The UN55NU7400. 

Userlevel 7

Your model TV was released in 2018, so there is a chance it doesn’t support Dolby Atmos pass through. Are you able to get Dolby Digital 5.1 or Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 audio from your PC to the Arc? Have you been able to get Dolby Atmos audio through your TV from any other external media device?

I have never had any other atmos speakers so I don’t know 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Lokheed 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I couldn’t find a manual for your exact TV model - I recommend contacting Samsung to ensure your TV can indeed pass Dolby Atmos to your Arc.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

rtings says your TV cannot pass Atmos: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/nu7300#page-test-results

Thanks for all the help everyone. It looks like I have my answer.   Guess I need a new TV as well.