Answered

Sonos Arc audio dropout with Sony TV

• 1 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I originally bought the Sonos Beam Gen 2, but found it too small for our living room. Returned it in favor of the Sonos Arc. The soundbar is connected to a Sony KD-65XH8096 over HDMI ARC (No eARC on this model).

With both soundbars I’ve experienced intermittent audio dropouts. It’s not even a full second. But it’s very noticeable.

Doing some googling, it seems this is a fairly common “Sony” problem. To test this, I hooked the Arc to my 32” Samsung Smart display. Samsung did not show any audio dropouts while I tried it, so I’m inclined to believe this is related to my TV and not the soundbar. The Samsung did however send audio as PCM, so there’s a bit of a difference there.

Anyone got any tips on how I can be sure the issue is related to my TV and not the soundbar? 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 1 February 2023, 14:39

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Maybe try these two suggestions, which have been mentioned in the community here in the past and see if that fixes your issue…

Fixes for some Sony TV’s 

Turning on IP Simple Control
Open Settings
Go to Network and Internet
Go to Home network
Go to IP control
Go to Simple IP control
Toggle On 

https://youtu.be/VXDYspxEClg

Setting  RS232C Control to "Via Serial Port"
Open Settings
Go to Remotes and Accessories
Go to RS232C Control
Set it to "Via Serial Port" 

https://youtu.be/StZc22GENe8

Maybe try these two suggestions, which have been mentioned in the community here in the past and see if that fixes your issue…

I’ll give that a try in a couple of hours when I get back from work. Will report back.

Thanks in advance :)

I’ll give that a try in a couple of hours when I get back from work. Will report back.

Thanks in advance :)

Late reply. Sorry.

The suggestions did not help. I ended up returning the Arc as I tried quiet a few tricks with no luck.

Picked up a certified refurbished unit. While I waited for it to be delivered I changed a few more settings (disabled bluetooth) on the TV and hooked it up to ethernet instead of wifi. Just installed it an hour ago. No dropouts so far. Looks promising.