Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos Arc and Connect Amp Volume Control via Apple Tv

• 29 December 2022
  • 5 replies

I am trying to control the volume on my ARC + Connect AMP via Apple TV remote. I cant seem to group them together. When I adjust the volume on the remote, it would just control the volume for the arc. Any suggestions? My current setup is Sonos Arc connected to Samsung Tv via ARC Hdmi cable and Apple TV is connected to HDMI 2 on the Samsung. Connect AMP is only connected to a Subwoofer and I have the play 1’s setup for surround. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks

5 replies

You can't do what you wish.  The TV remote volume only works on the TV room.  It won't work on grouped rooms.

Can I attach the connect amp to the tv room? Thank you so much for the advice.

No, you already have the Arc and the surrounds in that ‘room’, you can’t add any more, other than a Sonos Sub. 

If I take the Play one’s out of the picture and install in wall speakers to the connect amp, would I be able to control the volume all at once with a remote? Sorry about the questions and I appreciate the assistance.

The only speakers that you can control with a TV remote is the speakers in the Home Theater ‘room’, while the TV is on.  In order to control Sonos speakers outside of that Home Theater ‘room’, you’d need to use a Sonos controller on one of your devices (phone/tablet/PC), or the buttons on the speakers themselves.