Skip to main content
Answered

SONOS ARC

• 11 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Can someone tell me why the Sonos Arc  deactivates the templink on LG TVs when plugged into the HDMI Arc, as long as this happens bluetooth is not enabled on the LG TV??  If I use another brand center speaker using the HDMI Arc on the television I do not have this problem???? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’m not sure what ‘templink’ is, but Sonos uses CEC (a non-Sonos owned standard used across multiple manufacturers) specifications for connection via HDMI-ARC, which only allows a single audio playing device. The TV manufacturer, whose controller operates the CEC system, would be turning off the Bluetooth, so that there is only one ‘audio sink’. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In other threads here I read that the TV activates CEC (that LG calls "Simplink"), when an Arc is connected, which will deactivate bluetooth. One of the proposed solutions was to also turn off eARC on the TV, if memory serves me well..