Sonos ARC 5.1 with BenQ W4000i

• 1 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello there,

I’m having diifculties choosing Sonos with my video projector BenQ w4000i.
I’m reading incompatibilities. I’d like to connect them through the Sonos ARC.

Anyone have had problems dealing with sonos and video projector ?
Thanks a lot

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The BenQ W4000i user manual mentions that projector has both an HDMI-eARC and Optical Output so it should connect to any of the Sonos HT products. It’s just a case of running a chosen cable from the Projector to the Soundbar. I can’t see any reason for why the Projector would be incompatible? It all looks compatible to me.

Thx for your reply.

just to be thorough, i understand I’ll have to do the setup like this :

Internet (RJ45) -> apple tv (hdmi) → BenQw4000i (hdmi) → Sonos ARC (Bluetooth) → Sonos Sub and Sonos ERA.

Am I correct ? Why would the optical output be of use ? 
thx A LOT for your help.

I would perhaps cable the Sonos Arc to the eARC (enhanced Audio Return Channel) port of your Projector instead. - the Optical connection is just an alternative way to get the audio out to the Arc (using the Sonos Optical Adapter supplied with the Sonos Arc).

Important note: the Sonos Arc does not have a Bluetooth Rx.

Then wifi ?

how does the Sonos Arc communicate with the sub and era ? Wireless or with wire ? 

thank you :-)

Then wifi ?

how does the Sonos Arc communicate with the sub and era ? Wireless or with wire ? 

thank you :-)

Over their built-in 5Ghz WiFi adapters - the communicating is an ad-hoc wireless connection between the players themselves.