Skip to main content
Answered

Sonos app on my IPhone does not find my Sonos Beam

I bought used Sonos Beam (gen 1). Previous owner said it worked correctly. I mounted the device at home, pressed and hold the special “infinity” button until short sound received, to delete all the settings . Unfortunately it did not help. Sonos app on my IPhone  does not find my Sonos Beam. So I cannot tune it, cannot use air play and voice management. Thank God it connects to TV via HDMI ARC well enough and TV sound plays on Beam correctly.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

When you factory rest the Beam it should initially show an amber flashing light and then after a short time it switches to a green flashing light. It can then be setup via the Sonos App (I recommend using the S2 App).. if it’s your only Sonos device you need to create a new Sonos system/household before setting up/adding your device to it. If you already have Sonos products then you can add the Beam to your existing system. It may show a pop-up automatically in the App to add the product, but if not then goto ‘Settings/System’ and chose the option to manually ‘Add a Product’ - if the Beam has an issue installing the try temporarily wiring it direct to the LAN and see if that resolves the issue.

The most recent Sonos Apps can be found here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/downloads

Also (importantly) ensure your mobile device meets these system requirements for the controller App:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4875

Hope that assists you to get your Beam setup correctly,

Unfortunately after amber flashing there is no green lights. It can be rather white after getting TV sound signal via HDMI. But if I press infinity button then there is always amber. I tried both S1 and Sonos (S2) app. When I tap “choose your product” icon in the app - nothing found

Did you start the reset process from a powered off state and press the infinity button before powering it on and then kept it pressed?

Thank you Ken!

Finally I get green lights and get connection :)

“start the reset process from a powered off state and press the infinity button before powering it on and then kept it pressed” - that helped me a lot!!!