Sonos App Has Trouble Locating Beam Every Morning

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I have a new Sonos Beam.  I’m using Wifi with as Asus RT-AC88U Router.  On the router I have mapped an IP to the Sonos MAC so I always get the same IP.(this issue happened before I did this as well).  I’m generally using Tidal to play music. In the routers diagram webpage it shows the beam is connected with 5 bars tx54/rx24, the devices are about 5 feet from each other.

Using Airplay via my iPad/iPhone seems to work consistently.(my understanding this is direct and bypasses my router)

If the Beam has not been used for a few hours and I open up the Sonos app it will never detect the system.  One of the following scenarios happens.

#1. Ping the device successfully from router system tools page

If I ping the device and it responds successfully it seems to maybe wake it up? If I force kill the app on my iOS device it will usually show Sonos connected after 1-2 minutes.

#2. Ping doesn’t respond

if impress play on the beam it will start playing music from tidal immediately, if I wait 1-2 minutes or force kill the app Sonos generally shows as connected again.

It doesn’t seem like a connection/signal strength problem as once the device “wakes up” everything seems fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not sure if I can delete this , will try removing airplaynfairness setting in router first.

Not sure if I can delete this , will try removing airplaynfairness setting in router first.

Yes, that would have been my suggestion with your particular Asus Router. Hope it sorts the matter for you.