Answered

Sonos Amp for built in ceiling speakers Atmos only

• 7 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Hello all,

New here.  Here goes.  I am using the Arc, Sub, and Era 100 as rears.  I have two architectural ceiling speakers over my seating area that are currently unused. Is it possible to configure and use the Sonos Amp to power my overhead speakers for overhead sounds only (ie the helicopter)?  I’m not referring to using them as rear channels, rather only for dedicated overhead sound effects.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by jgatie 7 December 2023, 20:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

No.  The Amp has no Atmos abilities, either as a front/decoder or as height channels.

Sonos,

Please make a change that allows me to use your amp with my existing rear in-ceiling speakers as height channels when used with your Arc soundbar and Era 100 rears.  PLEASE give me a reason to buy your amp.

Thanks

Tim

Sonos,

Please make a change that allows me to use your amp with my existing rear in-ceiling speakers as height channels when used with your Arc soundbar and Era 100 rears.  PLEASE give me a reason to buy your amp.

Thanks

Tim

Since the current Amp has no Atmos capabilities, it would have to be a new model which incorporates this new functionality.  It’s not something you can retroactively install in the old model.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Since nobody from Sonos has responded here you might want to call Sonos support and discuss your desires with them.

If Sonos supported some fancy Atmos options they might sell a lot more Sonos gear!