Question

Sonos 1 pairing and surround sound connections on Arc

• 30 October 2020
  • 1 reply

I installed two Sonos 1 speakers into a new kitchen extension and created them as a stereo pair using Sonos S2 app from outset. I then installed an Arc (when it finally arrived) into the same kitchen (it is connected to TV). The moment I added the Arc the original Sonos 1 stereo pairing unconnected and the Arc will only recognise one of the Sonos 1 speakers. The system refuses to create a Stereo Pair and will now only recognise one of the Sonos One speakers. Given that the system only recognises one One the I can’t create required Stereo Pair. I can play directly (separately to both of the Ones and the Arc via Airplay on phone). With no stereo pair I therefore cannot make the surround sound with the Arc which I purchased the system for. Have reset, rebooted, flashed orange to eternity, killed power, reloaded Sonos 2 app ad infinitum). At present I wish I had stayed wired and gone with a wired surround system + various airplay options. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @John, show me I'm wrong, thank you for reaching out to us, and welcome to the Sonos community. I appreciate your detailed post describing the issue and all your effort to get your system working. Let me help you with this.

When 2 speakers are in stereo pair, it will show as one room in the Sonos app.  Have you tried separating the stereo pair on your 2 Sonos Ones?
After separating them, they will be assigned to individual rooms. You can now add them as surrounds.

Please submit a diagnostic report from your Sonos system for us to check. Just include the confirmation number in your response with your complete TV model number, and the make and model of each device connected to your TV so that we can look up the information.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.