Some sounds feels low on the ARC

• 17 April 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi,

Just upgraded my Sonos Beam gen 1 to a Sonos ARC (have Sub gen 3, and 2 One SL) but I cant help feeling that some sounds are not quite as they should be. For exampel when watching Top Gun Maverick I feel the sounds of the F-18’s flying around are too low sometimes nearly missing compared to the Beam.

The same goes for Star Wars were I have the feeling that when lasers shoot they are very quiet compared to the music and all the other sounds. Feels like these sounds should stand out more.

Dont know if I have not setup the system correctly or if this is just how it is.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Avion23, welcome to the Sonos Community!

While there are differences between the two soundbars, it shouldn’t be as extreme to the point of being quiet enough to be missing.

I’d recommend rebooting the Arc if you haven’t already, or trying a different HDMI cable to see if that helps. If those don’t help, try turning off Speech Enhancement and/or Night Mode if you have them enabled.

I would also suggest reaching out to our support team to discuss this issue with them, as they have the necessary tools to troubleshoot this issue with you.

I hope this helps!