Answered

Sky Q and Beam issues

• 28 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi, I've got Sky Q and a Sonos beam with a 5 and its been working fine for ages, yesterday I bought a another 5 to pair up with the existing set up but now my satellite signal has disappeared. (I can still access Netflix & recordings, just not live TV) Looking online it looks like other people have had issues with SkyQ/Sonos.
Has anyone else had issues and managed to solve them?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 29 November 2023, 10:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @MrPeebs76 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve often come across situations where Sky Q boxes negatively affect Sonos systems, but not the other way around.

I recommend you unplug your Sky Q box from power for a minute. If you have a Sky router, the Sky Q box will be repeating the WiFi signal, but if a Sonos speaker connects to it, it can cause problems (for Sonos). Rebooting the Sky Q, if the Sonos speaker is connecting to it, will force the speakers to connect to the router's WiFi. In addition, the issue is more likely to do with the Sky Q box alone, and the reboot may help it.

Failing that, please contact Sky, as I simply don’t see how the reported issue could relate to Sonos (or any other of your WiFi devices, for that matter) in any way.

I hope this helps.