Answered

Sky cutting out and listening to music !

• 7 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi, so I quite often watch the sport on the TV with no sound, and listen to music instead on the Arc, (connected to the same TV), so no TV sound.

However, I use a Sky mini box, which is very temperamental and quite often loses signal and cuts out.  

Every time the sky box loses its signal and then reconnects itself, it cuts the music off of the Arc and plays the tv sound by default.  So I am forever restarting the music.

Is there a way to stop the TV from cutting off the music every time ? and giving the music that is playing priority ?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 7 July 2023, 16:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

See if switching off ‘TV Autoplay’ in ‘Settings/System/[Arc Room Name’ in the Sonis App will perhaps resolve your issue, but note whenever you power on the TV the audio will not automatically begin pkaying you will have to select the TV icon in the Browse/Music Services tab or ask your voice assistant (if using) to switch to ‘TV mode’ on the Arc’s room name. Eg. ‘Hey Sonos, switch to TV Mode on Living Room’.

Userlevel 1

Thank you Ken, months of frustration sorted in 5mins, that works perfectly.  Cheers