Skip to main content
Answered

Should I add a second Sub?

• 14 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I have a surround setup with Playbase, OneSL, One Gen1 and Sub Gen2. Is it worth adding a new second Sub Gen3 to the system? Is it going to make that much of a difference as it’s very pricy.. 

I understand there are app issues at the moment… I’m not after advise on the app.. just the second sub and if its worthwhile.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Sonos offer generous home trial terms in many regions. Buy it and try it? Let your ears decide. Return it for a refund if they’re not happy. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Before adding a second Sub you should make sure you are getting the maximum benefit from your existing one. If possible try it in other spots around the room and see if it sounds better in any of them. I understand Trueplay may not be working in the new App but if it works for you run it before your listening test.

How big is your room, open or closed floor plan, ceiling height?

What do you listen to? If the source is low on low frequency content a Sub won’t cure that.

What are you expecting in the way of sound?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I have a surround setup with Playbase, OneSL, One Gen1 and Sub Gen2. Is it worth adding a new second Sub Gen3 to the system? Is it going to make that much of a difference as it’s very pricy.. 

I understand there are app issues at the moment… I’m not after advise on the app.. just the second sub and if its worthwhile.

I’d spend the money on an Arc (to replace your Playbase) long before I’d consider a second sub. The Arc would be a substantial upgrade, a second sub would be (at best) a minor tweak.