Sharing the Beam2 with two displays

• 28 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello

I have the set up below and would like to drop a projector screen down in front of the TV. Is there any way for the projector and the tv to share the beam input? 

been recommended the HDFury Vroom, but it’s £500!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @DK2809 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

If possible, this will not be easy, so it could well involve the purchase of an expensive device.

The problem arises from the fact that the Beam is fed by the HDMI-ARC connection that a TV would normally give it. Outputting to one of two connected displays requires a matrix switch, but I don’t know if any exist that will provide an eARC connection from either display to the connected audio device. If there are any, they should work, in theory, but I can’t make any promises or recommendations.

If you don’t care about getting the higher quality audio tracks, it should be easier and cheaper to achieve results using the optical adaptor supplied with your Beam and an optical switch. Again, I can’t give any recommendations. Using optical will limit you to stereo PCM, Dolby Digital and DTS formats only.

Perhaps someone who has already done this will find this thread and advise - I hope so.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll have a look at the optical adapter. I thought an eARC switch would be the simplest thing! An HD Fury Vroom would do it but this is a ridiculous £500…