Answered

Setup of Sub mini

• 13 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Any ideas when I setup my Sonos Mini sub I have to use the code at the bottom of the Mini Sub.  The NFC ( Near Field Communication) fails to recognise my iPhone or iPad. 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 13 October 2022, 21:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Yes, it’s an 8 digit code xxx-xx-xxx on the base of the speaker on the ‘side’ of the recess where the power cable goes.

Once other setup options fail in the App, you will see the offer to then enter the 8 digit pin.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

I was also prompted for the PIN when setting up both of my sub minis. Also not sure why the NFC didn’t recognize my iPhone. Anyway, apart from that both sub mini setups went as expected.

Ross. 

I was just wondering why the NFC failed.

Had no problem with the setup using the pin. 
I was just curious.

Thanks 

I was just wondering why the NFC failed.

Had no problem with the setup using the pin. 
I was just curious.

Thanks 

Do you perhaps have a cover on your mobile device? - that can sometimes affect the NFC detection - In my case I placed the back of my mobile actually on top of the Sub-Mini and moved it around the Sonos logo to get it to communicate and setup.

NFC suffers from a lack of definition of “near”. Near what? How near? Unanswerable questions, in most cases, too many variables, as Ken has pointed out at least one of them…. :)

I removed the cover from my phone.

The main thing the mini sub is working great and what I like about it after a few days of listening to different tracks it’s not overpowering, it’s right for my room size.

Thank you. Nick

I removed the cover from my phone.

The main thing the mini sub is working great and what I like about it after a few days of listening to different tracks it’s not overpowering, it’s right for my room size.

Thank you. Nick

I do really like the larger SUB (gen3) that the Wife and I use with the Sonos Arc/Surrounds in the Living Room and so I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to think when I decided to pre-order/purchase the new Sub-Mini.

However, when it arrived from first-listen, I found I loved the sound of the new Sub-Mini, it adds a rich warm tone without being too overpowering in small/medium sized rooms - I highly recommend it to others.

I have the new Sub-Mini setup with a Beam & Ones in our main Bedroom and that sounds great, but also I tried it (temporarily) with a stereo pair of One-SL’s in our Kitchen and that was absolutely great too - I think it’s quickly becoming a case I can’t do without a Sub of some kind in the mix in each of our rooms. I thought I could do without a Sub in some rooms, but now I’m having second thoughts🤔.