Question

setting up beam with ikea symfonkisk

• 5 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Trying at add a pair of Symfonisk bookshelf speakers as surrounds to my Beam. I set them up and confirmed they were working individually. Then I tried adding them as surrounds.

I go thru the setup and it fails saying “There is a problem adding your surrounds. Check the network connection and make sure your products are powered on. Try again.” They are powered on and network is working fine. 

My diagnose  report is 201411928

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Tikol

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for submitting the diagnostic. 

Upon checking both of your Symfonisk speakers are showing offline. Are they both unplug from the power?

Let me suggest the next troubleshooting steps you can do. 

• Sequential reboot to refresh your network and all your Sonos devices connection.
    • Unplug your network devices (modem, router, any wireless access points on the network) from the power and wait for 60 full seconds before you plug it back in.
    • Once the router is back online, unplug all your Sonos devices from the power. Please wait 15 seconds before you plug back them back in.
    • Force close the Sonos app from your iOS or Android device.
    • When the status light on your Sonos speakers are solid white, get back on the Sonos app and check if you're connected.
    • Test playback and Sonos performance.
  • Hardwire Beam to your router.
    • Test playback and observe Sonos performance.
  • If your 2 Symfonisk bookshelf was set up as stereo pair, you need to separate the stereo pair before you can set them up as surround.

If you're still having the same issue, I recommend contacting our phone support team to further look into this. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.