Skip to main content
Answered

setting up a Ray

• 26 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi

just purchased a ray to use with my lg TV, the ray doesn’t need to be connected to any other devices.

instructions to set up require a sonos 2 controller. i already have an extensive S1 system and ray isn’t compatible. tried to use the sonos 2 app but the s1 system prevents set up - at least with what I've tried so so far.

any ideas please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Unplug all your S1 devices, then use the S2 app to set up a new system.  If you need to, uninstall or reset the S2 app to ensure a clean install.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Your profile doesn’t say but which of your current Sonos aren’t S2 compatible?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/sonos-s2-compatibility

thanks jgarie and stanley

i’ll try the unplugging idea, should work thinking about it logically. thanks

on my current network i have 16 devices, of which only 4 sonos 1’s are s2 compatable.

Andy

Since you haven’t put your devices on your profile, and just out of curiosity, what are those other 12 devices, that are unable to run S2?

Since you haven’t put your devices on your profile, and just out of curiosity, what are those other 12 devices, that are unable to run S2?

I’m curious also as you say you have an extensive S1 system. Are the other devices all Play 5 Gen 1’s or Zone Players and/or Connects Gen1.