Skip to main content
Answered

Set up Question - AMP, ARC, TV, SUB, OneSL (2x), Connect, Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable

• 11 July 2021
  • 4 replies

I have the following components:
AMP, ARC, AppleTV (AirPlay), SUB, OneSL (2x), Connect, Pro-Ject T1 Phono SB Turntable

I want to be able to listen to Vinyl, play music via Airplay, and surround sound from TV via HDMI to the same set of speakers set up as 5.1.

I am having trouble setting it up so it works this way. The AMP gets set up as a separate system from the Arc, OneSL, and Sub. 

Any advice on if it’s possible to do what I want and guidance on getting there would be welcome. 🙏

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

It is possible, but tell us what is your purpose of having the Amp?

I thought I needed an amp for the turn table. 

Userlevel 7

If you have a Connect, you don’t need the Amp to connect the turntable. You can connect the turntable to one or the other.

Here is how your setup will work:

Zone 1: Arc, Sub, One SLs (2)

Zone 2: Connect OR Amp, Turntable

Connect your Arc to the TV via HDMI ARC or eARC. The Arc will connect wirelessly to the Sub and One SLs for a 5.1.2 setup. The Apple TV will connect directly to your TV.

FYI… the Arc and Amp are already AirPlay 2 compatible for audio. The Apple TV will allow you to AirPlay video to your TV too. 

Connect the turntable to the Connect’s OR Amp’s LINE IN port. Be sure to switch the turntable to “LINE OUT”. When you want to play the turntable audio through the Arc setup, select the “Line-In” option under Browse in the Sonos app.

Thanks. I was not selecting the input from browse. 🤦🏻‍♂️