Answered

Samsung Series : UN50MU6103 unable to activate Dolby Digital+ with Sonos arc

• 17 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi there!,

I need assistance here guys, I got a Sonos Arc recently and I am very excited using it, even though I have an issue as below :

Since I have a Smart TV Samsung Series : UN50MU6103, it supports Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital+ (as far as I know, if Dolby Digital+ is activated on the TV settings you can play Dolby Atmos on the Sonos Arc see below description :

My set up is : Sonos Arc plugged on HDMI ARC port on TV and Xbox series S plugged in other HDMI port on the TV also, and my question here is, why on the TV Audio settings I cannot activate Dolby Digital+?

On below image you can see that there is only Dolby Digital and PCM audio activated, but not Dolby Digital+ 

TV Audio Settings

All this is due to I want to activate Dolby Atmos on Xbox and all possible streaming applications,

Please, If I wasn't clear enough let me know, I hope you can help me,

Regards!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 17 August 2021, 07:03

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

What are the audio settings on the Xbox set to?

Hi!

Please see image below for Xbox settings :

And if I want to play with atmos with my current settings and set up, this is the error that come up

Regards!

Userlevel 7

I believe the Xbox One S uses Dolby MAT for Dolby Atmos instead of Dolby Digital Plus. And since your TV is not equipped with HDMI eARC, I don’t think you’ll be able to get Dolby Atmos audio from the Xbox apps.

What happens when you set the HDMI audio setting to “5.1 Uncompressed”?

Have you tried testing your TV’s internal apps like Netflix or VUDU?

FYI… if you want to get Dolby Atmos audio from your Xbox, you can get the HDFury Arcana eARC adapter that will allow your Xbox to bypass your TV and send audio directly to the Arc.

https://hdfury.com/product/4k-arcana-18gbps/

Hi!,

I tried on the apps from the TV and does not work even though,

Just one question, if I buy the HDFury Arcana using it with my current T.V, Xbox One S and Sonos Arc will I be able to hear Dolby Atmos for granted ?,

I heard that it is not needed to have an eARC HDMI port on T.V to hear Dolby Atmos,

Regards, 

Userlevel 7

eARC is not always required to pass through lossy Dolby Atmos via Dolby Digital Plus, but eARC is required to pass through lossless Dolby Atmos via Dolby TrueHD or Dolby MAT. The Xbox uses Dolby MAT.

If you add the Arcana to your setup, you will get Dolby Atmos audio from your Xbox to your Arc.

I have a Sonos Arc connected to an old TV from 2013 that only has HDMI ARC, and the Arcana allows me to get Dolby Atmos audio from my Apple TV 4K (Dolby MAT), Roku Ultra (Dolby Digital Plus), and Panasonic UHD player (Dolby TrueHD).

Thank you very much!, I have helped me a lot!,

Another question is that checking the HDFury web page, I do not know if they can send products to Mexico (I live in Mexico) do you know something about it?,

Also I guess I will need to choose the US power supply since HDFury web page does not mention anything like ¨Mexico power supply¨ , Am I correct?,

Regards,

You have helped me a lot*

Userlevel 7

I’m pretty sure HDFury ships worldwide with DHL.

Mexico uses type A and B plugs/sockets so choose the US power supply.