Answered

Samsung S90C doesn't recognize Sonos Amp via ARC

• 18 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a Samsung S90C TV (model QN65S90C) and a Sonos Amp connected to stereo speakers. This setup worked perfectly with my previous TV (a 2012 Panasonic plasma) using ARC, but the S90C does not recognize the Sonos Amp as a valid ARC device. In fact, the automatic device recognition thinks the Sonos Amp is a Spectrum cable box. Both devices are running the current firmware, and I have tried using three different 8K-rated HDMI cables from different brands, and I have also tried to connect the Amp to two different Samsung S90Cs (this 65" QN65S90C, as well as a 55" QN55S90C in a different room) with the same results. I have to use the optical audio instead, which has a frustrating audio delay even when the delay is set to 0ms in the TV's expert settings. I'm not trying to use eARC so I find it hard to believe that the older ARC standard is causing such a problem. Any advice?

icon

Best answer by braket 19 December 2023, 16:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hook the Amp to the TV, tryto set it up and when things fail submit a diagnostic to Sonos and call Support to see if they can see an issue with the TV.

If possible use the supplied Sonos HDMI cable just to avoid having to tell support you aren’t using it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

So Anynet+ is turned on on both TV’s?

Yes, HDMi-CEC (Anynet+) is turned on. I also tried with a third different TV yesterday as part of troubleshooting with Sonos by phone. They are sending a replacement unit, so I’ll update this post if it turns out that something was wrong with my Amp.

Following up on this, I received the warranty replacement Amp from Sonos and it worked immediately with ARC. I have no idea why the first box worked with the Optical-to-HDMI adapter, but didn’t with with HDMI-CEC, but I’m glad it’s working properly now!