Skip to main content
Answered

Roku, Samsung TV and Ray soundbar

• 26 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I need a definitive answer please.

I have a Samsung TV that has a Roku stick connected to one of the HDMI ports.  I use the Roku remotes (IR remote) to control volume on the TV now.

I would like to connect a Sonos Ray soundbar to this TV via an optical connection.

Can the Roku IR remote still control the volume of the Ray soundbar.  I don’t want to have to use 2 remotes.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Yes. 

thanks Bruce.  That’s definitive!

Steve

It was intended to be ;).

The Sonos would ‘learn’ the IR signal being sent, originally to the TV, but now to the Sonos Ray. 

Yes, if your Sonos Ray soundbar is connected to your Samsung TV via an optical connection, and the Roku stick is connected to the TV, the Roku IR remote should still be able to control the volume of the Sonos Ray soundbar. When you adjust the volume using the Roku remote, the TV should relay those volume commands to the connected soundbar through the optical connection. This way, you can control both the Roku interface on the TV and the Sonos Ray soundbar volume with a single remote.

Moderator note: incorrect - optical interface does not carry volume commands